Self-Help Shares

Don't Risk Missing Your Tax Refund!

By Staff
  | Feb 21, 2018

Note: This information is especially important if your account numbers have changed in the past year.

When you qualify for a tax refund, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) can deposit the funds directly into a checking or savings account. This is the safest way to receive the money—but only if the Internal Revenue Service has accurate information. The IRS will need the current account number where your refund will be deposited.

Before getting your tax refund directly deposited, double check your account information.

Double checking your account number is especially important if that number has changed in the past year. For Self-Help Credit Union members, that may be the case if you became a member through a recent merger. We strongly recommend that you call us to verify your account information!

Jax Metro members: Call our local branches at (904) 360-5100. 

All other Self-Help Credit Union members: Call Member Services at 1-800-966-7353.

When you verify your account number, you can also double check the routing number that identifies the credit union. Verifying these numbers is a good idea for any member who has experienced any account changes since last year. If you have even the slightest question about your account numbers, please call us!

Share This


Back to our blog